September 30, 2012
For several months now I've been following a website called The Burning House, which, by way of inviting people to make their own submissions, documents the precious items people would try and save if their house or apartment caught fire.
I haven't submitted my own yet because every time I think I've got a handle on what I'd bring with me, something changes my mind. But, in an effort to produce a draft (at the very least), I picked out some objects.
- Freitag bag.
- Handbound book by Tony (features pages from The New York Times).
- My first juggling balls.
- Reporter's notebook.
- Necklace from my mother featuring St. Paul, patron saint of reporters.
- Altoids from my dad (note says: "Just remembering -Dad."
- Car keys.
- Favorite band: Spoon | "Tranference"
- Favorite album: Paul Simon | "Graceland"
- "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris (for laughter)
- External hard drive for music/photos.
- USA passport.
- Camera (Canon).
- Picture of my family.
- Adidas (blue).
Again, this is a work in progress. I think I'm getting close to something, though.